Novosibirsk State University
Novosibirsk State University (full name - Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "Novosibirsk National Research State University") is one of the national research universities in Russia. The University is among the participants in Project 5-100, a program to increase the international competitiveness of Russian universities among the world's leading research and educational centers.
At the base, it was called Novosibirsk State University. In 2009, received the status of a national research university. In 2011, it was renamed the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "Novosibirsk National Research State University." By order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation dated April 17, 2014 No. 331 in connection with the creation of the Novosibirsk State Research University, a federal state autonomous educational institution of higher education, the name of the university was accordingly changed.
A significant part of the teaching staff is simultaneously employees of the institutes of the SB RAS. Senior students of NSU undergo professional research training at the institutes of the Academgorodok.
Novosibirsk State University was created by Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR of January 9, 1958 six months after the decision to establish the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Classes began on September 29, 1959 - Academician S. L. Sobolev gave the first lecture to students of the new university.
The university was built and developed together with the Novosibirsk Scientific Center, focusing on the training of highly qualified personnel for science and education.